Dakota Signature Collection Premium Finish Care
How to care for and maintain your Premium Finish including Shades of Steel found in our Signature Collection Stainless Steel sinks and faucets
Use a damp cloth to remove light dirt
Dampen a soft piece of cloth with clean water, and wipe down the surface of the faucet daily to remove dirt before it accumulates. Use a cotton ball sprayed with glass cleaner to clean the base of the finish or any hard-to-reach areas. Make sure the glass cleaner does not contain ammonia or alcohol.
Scrub away hard water stains
Spray a soft cloth with a mixture consisting of equal parts water and vinegar. Use the cloth to scrub away heavy water stains on the nickel finish, or to remove built up dirt.
Rinse the finish
Rinse the finish with a clean, damp cloth after cleaning it with the glass cleaner or vinegar cleanser. Rinse out the cloth as needed to rid it of the residue of the cleansers, dampening it again to continue rinsing the finish. Dry the finish with a soft dry cloth.
Wax the finish
Return the shine to the finish by spreading a layer of paste wax over the finishs. Waxing is required about every four weeks. Spread the wax using a soft dry cloth, working it over the surface of the nickel in a small circular motion. After covering the finish, buff it to a shine using another dry soft cloth.
- Avoid bleach.
- Do not use cleaners that contain alcohol or ammonia to clean brushed nickel.
- Abrasives should never be used as they may affect the finish.
- Acidic substances left on the nickel finish for extended periods of time may leave a slight dark mark, but this is easily removed with a chrome polish.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning pads.
- Never leave rubber mats, sponges, towels or cleaning pads in the sink overnight as this will trap water and could stain and discolor the sink surface.
Download Print Version: Dakota_Brushed_Nickel_Finish_Care_Instructions